For emergencies please call 911 immediately. If you have questions or need assistance from TIP please call our 24/7 number: (775) 745-5514.
To access our web resources please click here to reach our resource homepage. For a pdf version please click here to download our TIP Client Resource Guide.
Someone needs you.
Be there for someone in times of tragedy. Help them with emotional and practical support when they need it most.
Nominate a Hero
Following a traumatic event, people often feel helpless, confused, and experience emotional shock. They are confronted with a situation for which they are totally unprepared. Often there is no one available in the immediate aftermath of a tragedy to guide the victims through these difficult hours. The TIP volunteer provides this necessary temporary support until persons involved in the crisis are able to depend on family, friends, neighbors, and other resources in the community.
TIP volunteers are always available. They are called by authorized police officers, firefighters, paramedics and hospital personnel to assist:
- Family members and friends following a natural, accidental, or unexpected death (including suicide and SIDS).
- During search & rescue for missing persons
- Victims of fire, floods & crime.
- Persons involved in automobile accidents.
- School children touched by tragedy.
- Employees after workplace deaths or accidents.
- Elderly bereavement.
- Disoriented or lonely older persons.
- Bystanders/witnesses to any difficult events.
- Persons who are distraught and seeking immediate support.
- Large groups (businesses, schools, government agencies, and other organizations) who have experienced a traumatic event.
You can donate to the Trauma Intervention Program anytime by clicking the Donate button. You may select any amount you wish to donate. TIP would like to thank you for caring enough to help others.