“Citizens Helping Citizens in Crisis”
Reno Office: 775-337-2112
325 Sunshine Lane
Reno NV 89502
Following a traumatic event, people often feel helpless, confused, and experience emotional shock. They are confronted with a situation for which they are totally unprepared. Often there is no one available in the immediate aftermath of a tragedy to guide the victims through these difficult hours. The TIP volunteer provides this necessary temporary support until persons involved in the crisis are able to depend on family, friends, neighbors, and others.
TIP volunteers are always available. They are called by authorized police officers, firefighters, paramedics and hospital personnel to assist:
- Family members of SIDS victims.
- Family members and friends following a natural, accidental, or unexpected death.
- Family members of a person who has committed suicide.
- Victims of fire.
- Persons involved in automobile accidents.
- Disoriented or lonely older persons.
- Persons who are distraught and seeking immediate support.
Information in PDF format that will help during a time of crisis.
- Helpful Links
- Dealing with Loss
- Violent Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Fire Loss
- Workplace Loss
- Emergency Responder Procedures
Emotional First Aid: www.tipnational.org/emotionalfirstaid
Get Connected. Get Answers: www.nevada211.org
Helping Others When Tragedy Strikes: www.whentragedystrikes.org
- Communicating with Children about Disasters
- What To Do When Death Enters the Life of a Child-Personal Rituals of Healing
- What To Do When Death Enters the Life of a Child-Clichés To Be Avoided
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- SIDS Parents Need Reassurance
- Helping Children Grieve
- How To Cope After Tragedy Strikes-Tips for Teens
- Helping Teenagers Cope After a Traumatic Event
- Helping Others After Tragedy Strikes: What To Say and Do
- Is There Anything I Can Do to Help
- Common Reactions Following a Traumatic Event
- Effective Ways of Coping After a Traumatic Event
- Coping With The Loss Of a Loved One
- Grief – Practical Suggestions
- Final Details-A Guide for Survivors When Death Occurs
- Veteran’s Benefits
You can donate to the Trauma Intervention Program anytime by clicking the Donate button. You may select any amount you wish to donate. TIP would like to thank you for caring enough to help others.