TIP during COVID-19:
As a response to the social distancing guidelines for COVID-19, we have launched Tele-TIP. Our new, temporary system allows for the greatest impact, while still keeping the safety of TIP volunteers and our fellow citizens at the forefront.
Reno Office: 775-337-2112
325 Sunshine Lane
Reno NV 89502
TIP volunteers are always available. They are called by authorized police officers, firefighters, paramedics and hospital personnel to assist:
- Family members of SIDS victims.
- Family members and friends following a natural, accidental, or unexpected death.
- Family members of a person who has committed suicide.
- Victims of fire.
- Persons involved in automobile accidents.
- Disoriented or lonely older persons.
- Persons who are distraught and seeking immediate support.
Information in PDF format that will help during a time of crisis.
- Helpful Links
- Dealing with Loss
- Violent Crimes
- Fire Loss
- Domestic Violence
- Workplace Loss
- Emergency Responder Procedures
Helping children and teens when there is a death in the family
- Communicating with Children about Disasters
- What To Do When Death Enters the Life of a Child-Personal Rituals of Healing
- What To Do When Death Enters the Life of a Child-Clichés To Be Avoided
- Helping Children Grieve
- How To Cope After Tragedy Strikes-Tips for Teens
- Helping Teenagers Cope After a Traumatic Event
- Child Grief – Letter to School Following a Death in the Family
- Helping children cope with loss. www.kidsource.com
Death of a Child Resources
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- SIDS Parents Need Reassurance
- The Compassionate Friends Support group and resources for those whose children have died from any cause. 530.674.2595
- A non-profit volunteer based organization committed to providing emergency support parents after the death of a baby. www.misschildren.org
- Resources and support groups for those experiencing the death of a baby. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome SIDS 916.851.7437
Dealing with loss – Grieving
- Effective Ways of Coping After a Traumatic Event
- Coping With The Loss Of a Loved One
- Grief – Practical Suggestions
- What’s Your Grief?
Helping others during a time of tragedy
- Learn Psychology – Grief Awareness & Understanding
- Helping Others After Tragedy Strikes: What To Say and Do
- Is There Anything I Can Do to Help
- Common Reactions Following a Traumatic Event
- After a Suicide: Do’s and Don’ts
- Suggestions For Survivors of Suicide
- Suggestions for Helping Children Cope with Suicide
- Suggestions for Coping with Suicide as a Family
- Provides state by state directories of survivor support groups for families and friends of someone who completed suicide. www.afsp.org
- A resource and memorial site by and for suicide survivors www.1000deaths.com
- Survivors of Suicide Loss Support for survivors, family members, and friends Counseling & group support
- Support group / resources for those whose loved ones died from suicide. Friends for Survival 916.392.0064 | 800.646.7322