“Citizens Helping Citizens in Crisis”
Reno Office: 775-337-2112
325 Sunshine Lane
Reno NV 89502
Following a traumatic event, people often feel helpless, confused, and experience emotional shock. They are confronted with a situation for which they are totally unprepared. Often there is no one available in the immediate aftermath of a tragedy to guide the victims through these difficult hours. The TIP volunteer provides this necessary temporary support until persons involved in the crisis are able to depend on family, friends, neighbors, and others.
TIP volunteers are always available. They are called by authorized police officers, firefighters, paramedics and hospital personnel to assist:
- Family members of SIDS victims.
- Family members and friends following a natural, accidental, or unexpected death.
- Family members of a person who has committed suicide.
- Victims of fire.
- Persons involved in automobile accidents.
- Disoriented or lonely older persons.
- Persons who are distraught and seeking immediate support.
Information in PDF format that will help during a time of crisis.
- Helpful Links
- Dealing with Loss
- Violent Crimes
- Fire Loss
- Domestic Violence
- Workplace Loss
- Emergency Responder Procedures
Helping children and teens when there is a death in the family
- Communicating with Children about Disasters
- What To Do When Death Enters the Life of a Child-Personal Rituals of Healing
- What To Do When Death Enters the Life of a Child-Clichés To Be Avoided
- Helping Children Grieve
- How To Cope After Tragedy Strikes-Tips for Teens
- Helping Teenagers Cope After a Traumatic Event
- Child Grief – Letter to School Following a Death in the Family
- Helping children cope with loss. www.kidsource.com
Death of a Child Resources
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- SIDS Parents Need Reassurance
- The Compassionate Friends
Support group and resources for those whose children have died from any cause.
- A non-profit volunteer based organization committed to providing emergency support parents after the death of a baby.
- Resources and support groups for those experiencing the death of a baby.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome SIDS
Dealing with loss – Grieving
- Effective Ways of Coping After a Traumatic Event
- Coping With The Loss Of a Loved One
- Grief – Practical Suggestions
- What’s Your Grief?
Helping others during a time of tragedy
- Learn Psychology – Grief Awareness & Understanding
- Helping Others After Tragedy Strikes: What To Say and Do
- Is There Anything I Can Do to Help
- Common Reactions Following a Traumatic Event
- After a Suicide: Do’s and Don’ts
- Suggestions For Survivors of Suicide
- Suggestions for Helping Children Cope with Suicide
- Suggestions for Coping with Suicide as a Family
- Provides state by state directories of survivor support groups for families and friends of someone who completed suicide.
- A resource and memorial site by and for suicide survivors
- Survivors of Suicide Loss Support for survivors, family members, and friends Counseling & group support
- Support group / resources for those whose loved ones died from suicide.
Friends for Survival
916.392.0064 | 800.646.7322
You can donate to the Trauma Intervention Program anytime by clicking the Donate button. You may select any amount you wish to donate. TIP would like to thank you for caring enough to help others.